Always told she would be a writer, Dawn DeVries Sokol earned a bachelor’s degree from Arizona State University’s renowned Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication. But she yearned to create visually, and soon worked her way from editing newspapers to art directing magazines, such as America West Airlines Magazine—from which a feature she art directed landed in Print Magazine’s 2002 Regional Design Annual. For 10 years, she designed books for U.S. publishers such as Sterling Publishing, Gibbs Smith, North Light, Quarry, and The Countryman Press.
Now a widely published author, artist, and illustrator, she lives and creates in her Tempe, AZ, studio with her dog, Lola.
- 1000 Artist Journal Pages
- Doodle Diary
- Doodle Sketchbook
- Art Doodle Love: A Journal of Self-Discovery
- The Doodle Circle: A Fill-In Journal for BFFs to Share
- A World of Artist Journal Pages
- Year of the Doodle: 365 Drawing, Collaging, and Mark-Making Adventures
- Doodle Zen: Finding Creativity and Calm in a Sketchbook
- Art to Start Doodling: A Sketchbook
- Doodle Journeys: A Fill-in Journal for Everyday Explorers
- Board books: Good Dog, Here, Kitty, Kitty!, and Leapin’ Lizards! (Pet Palooza™)
- Creativebug.com: “Art Journaling”, “Holiday Art Journaling”, and “31 Days of Journaling Challenge”
- Her articles have appeared in magazines such as Cloth Paper Scissors and Somerset Art Journaling.
- DVD workshop, “Art Journaling: Pages in Stages,” with Interweave Press
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
Joann, F&W, Papyrus, Gibbs Smith, Abrams, St. Martin’s Press, Quarry, Arizona Highways/ADOT