My Top 10
Jeannine Peregrine tagged me recently for the Honest Scrap award, which says I must list 10 honest and interesting little nuggets about myself. I’d never call these tidbits interesting, but here goes nothing:
- I’ve been to the White House twice for a VIP tour of the West Wing, once during the Clinton administration, the next during the W. administration. We got to see SO much more of it the first time!
- Hubby proposed to me in front of Cinderella’s Castle at Magic Kingdom (WDW). We also honeymooned there.
- I’ve designed magazines and many kinds of coffee table books, but now I'd like to try my hand at designing YA fiction covers.
- Books have ALWAYS been a part of my life. I grew up a bookworm and would stay up late at night reading.
- I was told as a kid that I would someday be a writer. Never thought my writing path through journalism would take me to graphic design!
- Once in a while, I’ll try writing a fiction story, only to read it again much later and HATE it. Why does everything I write from my imagination sound so trite?
- I was a majorette for my high school band and even competed in baton twirling, but never won any big awards.
- I know dialogue to so many movies. It’s kind of a family trait for my hubby’s family. Many of our conversations contain various movie quotes.
- I became a more positive person after my dad died of a sudden heart attack in 2001. He was only 59. He’s the positive voice in my head and has influenced me even more after his death.
- I’m a news junkie. I also watch WAY too much Law & Order.